The History of LFTL
"Our message must never change. But our method of spreading that message must change or we will doom millions who have never heard of Christ."
– Sam Cochran
In 1953, a young insurance consultant by the name of Sam Cochran saw a vision of people of every race extending their hands toward heaven, desperately reaching for the Message of hope.
An idea was birthed to provide evangelism resources to assist missionaries in reaching people all around the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Traveling the southern California region, Cochran and three other men shared their vision and immediately began raising monies for literature needs.
The ministry quickly developed into what is now called Light for the Lost. A volunteer charitable ministry of the Assemblies of God, the faithful giving investments of core supporters and churches fund the mission of LFTL. Since its inception, LFTL has raised more than $250,000,000.
Funding resources such as audio, visual and printed materials, Light for the Lost has one guiding principle: that all assistance must be used to provide resources directly related to evangelism.
One message. Many Languages.